Stockton Astronomical Society
Welcome letter from the SAS President Shawn Kerns.
About the SAS
- The purpose of the SAS is to foster interest in, and promote the
general knowledge of, astronomy and related sciences ... and have fun in
- The SAS offers lecture and tutorial programs at our monthly meetings,
public viewing opportunities at public schools, and monthly at University of the Pacific,
the Nature Nights program at Oak Grove Regional
Park, and special
- The SAS was founded by a group of local astronomy enthusiasts led
by Stockton physician Clarence Custer ... And we've been looking up
- Meetings of the Stockton Astronomical Society are held on the second
Thursday of each month and are open to the public.
- The meetings are held at the University of the Pacific, Room 120, Olson Hall
- "Valley Skies" is the monthly newsletter of the Stockton Astronomical
Society and the San Joaquin Delta College Clever Planetarium.
- "Valley Skies" is distributed to the members of the SAS by email.
Membership Information & Dues
- The SAS membership is on a calendar year basis.
- Basic membership is $20.00 per calendar year, and includes the
- Student membership is $10.00 per calendar year, and is available
for any individual enrolled full-time in any school.
- These dues are used to publish the monthly newsletter and
maintain the club owned equipment.
Membership Application Form
Copyright © 2000 - 2012 by Stockton Astronomical Society
Last Updated: 1/12/2012